The mission of the Atlanta HBCU Alumni Alliance is to serve as an advocate for HBCU Alumni Associations by supporting the mission of HBCUs through scholarship fundraising, alumni reclamation and student recruitment in addition to aligning with the National HBCU Alumni Alliances by supporting and participating in programs that promote higher education, encourage healthy living, and fighting hunger.
Hello HBCU family and supporters,
We are excited to announce our 14th Annual Atlanta HBCU 5K Run/Walk!
Last year was a breakthrough year for our race as we raised more scholarship funds than any year during
the history of this Run/Walk. We could not have done this without your support! Thank you for showing up
and helping support our metro Atlanta students and HBCUs in the midst of all of the challenges we faced as
a nation in 2020. Without question our motto, “Together we win!” came alive as our Atlanta HBCU community
rallied and showed that resilience and giving back is what makes up our proud HBCU legacy. Because of
your support, we were able to provide $125,000 in scholarship funds to metro Atlanta students attending
HBCUs – Thank you!
With much HBCU Pride!
Once you have completed the race, you can upload your results using almost any tracking app (Strava, Runkeeper, iWatch, Treadmill or any tracking app you use). You can also just post your time.
We are excited the 14th Annual Atlanta HBCU Virtual 5K Run/Walk will continue the tradition of bringing all 63 member HBCU Alumni Chapters together to raise funds to support our students.
$25 “Early Bird” Registration ends March 31st
- Registration is open until Friday, July 2, 2021
- RACE WEEK KICK OFF – Friday, June 25, 2021
- END OF RACE WEEK “COOL DOWN” – Friday, July 2, 2021
- Join an existing team when you register or submit your team for approval HERE (not including GREEK CHALLENGE TEAMS) for approval.
- GREEK “GIVEBACK” CHALLENGE team registration is from March 1 – 31, 2021. Click HERE for registration form.
- Of course there’s SWAG! Be on the look out for more information on RACE PACKET distribution. We are working on even more improvements.
- Once you have registered, look for important information and updates via this site, email or our social media channels.
- 100% of the proceeds go towards Metro-Atlanta students attending or headed to an HBCU.
- ALL REGISTRATIONS ARE FINAL!
We can’t thank you enough for the support of our alumni, students and race participants, especially during this time. Let’s continue to protect our community through social distancing and find creative ways to combat isolation by supporting each other.
Your safety and the safety of our community is our primary concern. We are closely monitoring all COVID-19 protocols daily to ensure we take the appropriate action that is in the best interest of everyone. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns.
For sponsorship or vendor opportunities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.